How can you get through the long days of grief? Will you ever find joy again? Nancy Guthrie talks about grief and gives us seven things to get us through to the other side of grief.
This was delivered at the TGC Women’s conference in 2016.
Seven things to help you get through to the other side and find joy.
1. It’s going to take some time to be sad.
2. It’s going to take time to search the Scriptures to find out what God is doing in the world
3. It’s going to take forgiveness.
4. It’s going to require some hard choices.
- A. It’s going to require us to give permission to grief to loosen it’s hold on us.
- B It’s going to require the choice to not be a person defined by our ongoing loss, grief or misery.
- C. It’s going to require us to not allow our loss to remain front and center in our lives.
5. It’s going to require telling ourselves the truth.
6. It’s going to require serving others.
7. It’s going to require God himself filling up the empty places in your life.